3 cigar mugs or 750g sap( Brown/ Black eyed)
5 soupspoons ground crayfish
4 big stock cells
1 habanero pepper
2 ladles ground nutmeg
3 tatashe peppers or 800g watery tomato puree
2 big onions
20 cl vegetable oil painting
2 litres of cool or warm waterSalt( to taste)
You can add
Hard boiled eggs
Bone Gist Cook the bone gist with spices and sauces till done also add to the Moi Moiat the mixing stage.
- mix the sap, tatashe or tomato puree, onions, crayfish, habanero pepper and ground nutmeg together with some of the water; pour the blend into a big enough coliseum.
Add the vegetable oil painting and the bone gist stock( voluntary). sluggishly add the remaining water and stir
- Add swab to taste and stir veritably well.
- Pad the base of a big pot, pour some water and set on the cookstove. The depth of the water should be at most 1 inch.
- gossip the Moi moi mix into holders of your choice, add egg/ bone gist/ corned beef to each vessel, seal/ cover and set them in the pot.
- Add as small volume of water as possible at a time while cooking the Moi Moi so that the moi moi won’t come watery when done( especially when using aluminium antipode or uma leaves). The length of time you’ll cook your Moi Moi depends on the volume and the Moi Moi vessel you used. NoteIf using Moi Moi holders, it’s judicious to cook your Moi Moi for at least 1 hour, before checking it. Confirm that it’s done by putting a cutter through it, if the cutter is stained with Moi Moi paste, also the Moi Moi isn’t done, but if the cutter just has a slight smear of Moi Moi, also it’s done. Also, when you cut through the Moi Moi, the inwards will be set and not watery.
still, also it’ll only take about 45 twinkles to get done while when you’re cooking a large pot of Moi Moi, it’ll surely take further than one hour, If you’re cooking a many wraps of Moi Moi in a small pot on high heat.