HOMEMADE KFC CHICKEN RECIPE 😋
10 pieces of chicken (preferably thighs and legs with skin
2 cups of wheat flour
5 tablespoons cornstarch
1 cups of evaporated milk
1 tablespoon mustard
1 tablespoon chicken or meat seasoning
1 tablespoon minced garlic
Salt and pepper to taste
oil for frying
- Wash and dry the chicken pieces well. Then, they are seasoned with a little salt and pepper.
- In a large pot, place the chicken pieces and fill with water until half covered. Then, place it over low heat for 10 minutes with the pot lid on.
- While cooking, prepare 2 large bowls. In the first, place the flour, cornstarch, ground garlic and seasoning and stir well. In the other, the eggs, milk, mustard, salt and pepper will be placed and must be stirred very well with a fork.
- Once the cooking time has passed, the chicken must be removed from the water and dried well. Once this is done, pass each piece of chicken through the flour, then through the egg and again through the flour, making sure that it is very well covered, and take them to the refrigerator for a couple of minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a stockpot or high skillet, heat enough oil to submerge the chicken over medium heat.
- Once it’s hot. Remove the chicken from the refrigerator and dip 2 to 3 pieces in the oil, frying until nicely browned on all sides, but without burning the chicken or the oil.
- Once fried, leave the chicken pieces to rest on a plate with absorbent paper so that excess oil is removed.