FRIED APPLE or PEACH PIES
8 ounces dried apples or dried peaches
1 cup water
1/3 cup sugar
1 tablespoon butter
1 tsp. cinnamon or apple pie spice
1 can jumbo refrigerated flaky biscuits
vegetable oil, for frying
How To Make FRIED APPLE or PEACH PIES
- In saucepan, combine together apples and water then bring to a boil. Make sure to cover,
reduce heat, and simmer until tender, about 30 minutes. Once done, remove from heat and let cool, mashing slightly if pieces are large. Then you may stir in sugar and butter; set mixture aside.
- For the filling: If using fresh apples, you should add 2 TBS of butter to a large saute pan and melt.
Immediately add 4 peeled, cored and chopped apples, sugar, cinnamon, and 1 tsp lemon juice together and cook over medium heat for 15 minutes, or until the apples are soft. Next, remove from the heat, mash slightly and cool.
- Now please roll each biscuit into a 5-inch circle on a lightly floured surface, then place about 1 tablespoon apple mixture on half of each biscuit circle. Make sure to dip fingers in water and moisten edges of circles to seal pies. Remember to, fold in half, making sure edges are even, then press edges firmly together with a fork dipped in flour to seal.
- When finished, pour oil to a depth of 1/2 inch into a heavy skillet, or use deep fryer. Then immediately fry pies in hot oil (370°) over medium-high heat until golden, turning once. Make sure not to rush it because you want the biscuit cooked completely through.
- Finally, drain well on paper towels. This should make 10 pies.
RECIPE NOTES :
All you need is to get a good seal at the edge and don’t poke holes in them as you move them around. Make sure not to fry them too fast or the inside won’t get done. Enjoy the most delicious FRIED APPLE PIE you’ve ever tasted